This item can be used as a halo, crown, headband or placed on the forehead. You can make them in any size - newborn to adult.
Don't forget to pin this on Pinterest and share it.
$1.50 per headband, a few cents more or less depending on the size created and embellishments used.
- 1/8” Elastic
- Four Felt Circles or Felt Hearts
- Pearl Trim (found near ribbon at the craft store)
- Flowers or Other Embellishments
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Stick
- Turn on glue gun.
- Cut elastic to appropriate size (see sizing chart below).
- Cut pearl trim to appropriate size (see sizing chart below).
- Attach elastic to one felt piece and on end of the pearl trim, careful not to twist while attaching the second end. Add hot glue and a second felt piece directly over the first to sandwich in the ends of the elastic and pearl trim. Repeat for the other side to make a round headband shape. Ensure there are no twists in the trim or elastic.
- Allow to cool for a few seconds and then press the felt pieces firmly together. Careful it is hot glue, do not press felt together when glue is hot as it may seep through the felt and burn your fingers.
- Allow to dry then test the headband to ensure it is secure.
- Use hot glue to glue the embellishments on the headband in the desired pattern.
- Allow to dry. Done!
- 1/8” elastic can be found at Joanns or your local fabric/craft store.
- Felt circles can be found at BitsyBands.com or you can cut the shapes out of regular felt which is found at Joanns or your local fabric/craft store.
- Pearl Trim is from Joanns, other variations can be found at Joanns or your local fabric store.
- Paper flowers are from a small supply shop in downtown L.A., but you may be able to find them at the craft store or in a wedding supply store.
Depending on the elasticity of your elastic, sizing may vary. The general rule is to measure the head circumference of your subject and then cut the elastic a bit shorter so that will stay on nicely. The following are the average head circumference for ages newborn to adult:
Other Ideas & Variations:
- Don’t want to get the Felt Adhesive Circles or Heart? Buy some felt from the craft store and cut your own shapes. Use the hot glue only.
- Add feathers, Russian veiling, or other textured materials.
- Use different types or colors or flower to create other styles. Or use different embellishments such as jewels, pearls, rhinestones, buttons, etc.